Friday, August 31, 2007

Another boy referral and other stuff

Today there was 1 healthy boy (infant) referral. The family waited 13 months. There are 3 families in Vietnam picking up their children and 3 more leaving next week. Congratulations to all those families! The VN CHI rep is going to be in the States in October, and will be visiting NYC. Originally, Mike and I were going to be in CA for a friend's wedding, but we had to cancel that trip. Now that we're not going, we can go and meet the rep. She will be the one that will help us on the Vietnam side for our adoption. That will be exciting.

It's been a hard month with the wait. I'm trying so hard to be patient, Mike too. But it is a test, that's for sure. You can't take it out on the agency either - it's not their fault, but you just want to feel like SOMETHING'S happening. argh! We were hoping they would contact us in the fall to start putting our dossier together (a lot of dossier papers are only good for 6 mo)... but I'm doubting that will happen now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the best because if we can start gathering those docs, at least we will be getting closer.

In other news, Mike and I had a successful visit from his 12 year old niece. We had her for a week and a half. We took her to Maine for some fresh air and lobster. Might have been a mistake to drag a teen 11 hours in the car! We forget sometimes that just because driving is a novelty for us, it's not for everyone! Oops. Anyway, it was a little difficult in the beginning, but we persevered and it turned out great. Have to say, though, (without patting ourselves on the back) I feel like we're ready for anything now, and our little one - whenever she comes - seems like she'll be a piece of cake! ;-)

Mike's bday is this weekend. It should be pretty calm as he doesn't want a big to-do for it. We're checking out a new (for us) restaurant on Sunday and might bbq on the roof tomorrow. Need to decompress and unstress. It's been a stressful year, that's for sure! Next week we're off to Hawaii and I'm really looking forward to it - a vacation long over-due and much needed!

I also decided I need to spruce up my blog with some pics. The one above is of a flower in my fire-escape garden. It's doing surprisingly well. Who-knew?!
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker