Ah, the call we all want to get. (No, not THAT call).
"Hi. Just wanted to let you know that you either need to renew your (non-existent) lease—with a 10% increase, or be out in a month." Awesome!
"... and can you let us know by the end of the day?". Perfect.
Well, for those you who have any sense of what NYC rents go for, you can imagine 10% is not a small amount (especially when 3-4% is standard). You would also know then that moving in NYC is also not a cheap pass-time! We have so much up in the air right now, it actually wouldn't be a bad ides for us to move, maybe downsize, save some cash.... BUT, we also have some pretty good reasons not to move right now, too. Oh, the joys of ny apartment living! In the end, we've decided to stay. It's costly, definitely, but right now I think that's best for us. I guess I'll be patrolling craigslist again. :)
PS. I saw on another blog that there might be some referrals at my agency today. Maybe even 5!! I'll let you know as soon as I get the weekly update. An early congrats to all those families! :)

